February 23, 2017
North Brunswick Township Board of Education
School Board Member Position
The North Brunswick Township Board of Education is seeking to fill an unexpired term for a school board position (on or about April 19, 2017 through January 2018 Re-organization meeting).
Candidates must file a letter of interest for the position; resume is optional. Qualifications are:
- He/She is a citizen of the United States of America.
- He/She must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to quality for office
- He/She must be able to read and write.
- He/She has been a resident of North Brunswick Township for at least one year. He/She is not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1.
- He/She is not disqualified from membership for the conviction of crimes pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1. (Within 30 days of election or appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the State Department of Education.)
- He/She is a registered voter in the district.
The deadline to submit the letter of interest is 3:00 p.m. Thursday, March 9, 2017. Please submit your letter of interest to the Assistant Business Administrator/Board Secretary, 308 Old Georges Road, Maple Meade School, North Brunswick, New Jersey 08902.